theclickofalight@gmail.com

Tuesday 20 October 2009

Kanye West – Can't Tell Me Nothing (2007)

So I suppose my first album better be the one that inspired this sudden musical motivation. It's a mixtape by Kanye West, and I spent hours looking for it the other day. I eventually found it, but thought to myself, "if only someone with my taste in music had a blog. Oh wait, I do!" It's good, and definitely worth a download, seeing as it features the likes of hip-hop heavyweights Common and Talib Kweli, as well as appearances and collaborations with Pimp C and Lil Wayne. Kanye also appears with some remixed material from Graduation, as well as some new songs, including stand-out track 'Young Folks', which samples Peter Bjorn & John and is just generally boss. I'll admit, it's not quite as good as I was hoping after three hours or whatever it was of searching, but for you guys it's a simple click! Oh, and apparently it won Mixtape of the Year at the 2007 Vibe Awards. That means nothing to me but it may to you. Enjoy.

Kanye West – Can't Tell Me Nothing (2007)

No comments: