theclickofalight@gmail.com

Tuesday 27 October 2009

The Thermals – The Body, The Blood, The Machine (2006)

BOSS! This album is just immense, it really is, and reminds me of better times back in my student days, sitting in Dave's kitchen in a haze of smoke, drinking beer. It's a Sub Pop release, and is a concept album about Christianity taking over America, so for both those reasons you need to download this bad boy. We saw the Thermals live once - such a gig! - and we tried to start a proper old-school circle pit but no-one else in the crowd would play. We were all battered and I kept on shouting "I love you Kathy" at the bassist after every song; she gave me a nervous little smile in return. I think she was into me. Enjoy.

The Thermals – The Body, The Blood, The Machine (2006)

No comments: