theclickofalight@gmail.com

Thursday 29 October 2009

Titus Andronicus – The Airing of Grievances (2008)

BOSS! This is a fantastic album that I never really appreciated until relatively recently, and I'm making up for lost time - this is on my iPod round the clock. It is the perfect soundtrack for this economic crisis (is it still happening? yawn), and immediately conjures images in my mind of the docks and industrial landscape of this band's native New Jersey; desolate areas whose best years are long gone, yet manage to maintain some pride. The album sounds like that to me - melancholic yet optimistic, replete with with fuzzy guitars and emotive vocals. There is also a slight Celtic-punk vibe going through - when I first heard it, it kinda reminded me of the Dropkicks, but much, much, much better. Enjoy.

Titus Andronicus – The Airing of Grievances (2008)

No comments: