theclickofalight@gmail.com

Tuesday 10 November 2009

Love – Forever Changes (1967)

Wow. Just wow. This album remains one of my favourites of all time, definitely up there with the album I'm going to post on Friday. It was produced by singer Arthur Lee, whose death gave me my first taste of music journalism, compelling me to write a letter into NME, which was published, yay! Building upon the psychadelic rock of their first two albums, musically Forever Changes is actually much more chilled out than its predecessors, but lyrically, it is unbelievably and shockingly dark; written and recorded when the Vietnam War was becoming more and more of a disaster for the US, it is almost passive aggressive in its tone, which only adds to its utter & complete brilliance. Enjoy.

Love – Forever Changes (1967)

No comments: