theclickofalight@gmail.com

Monday 16 November 2009

Monday Mixtape #4

Another day, another dollar. But not for poor old unemployed me - I'll have to console myself with sandwiches and back-to-back episodes of Dog The Bounty Hunter. What a shame...

Week 4: The 80s

Well, kind-of the 80s - half of the songs are actually from the late 70s. You see, I started off trying to cover the entire 80s spectrum, because it was such a boss decade - synth pop, classic hip hop, shoegaze etc. etc., but in the end it was just getting too long & hard, so I narrowed it down to 80s post-punk (oh Dave, did you know I liked post-punk?). It's mainly British as well, with a couple of Yanks thrown in for fairness, due to out "special friendship" and all that. But post-punk was also great in the late 70s, so I had to include songs from then...it's not all post-punk though - I've also included some good little punk songs, and a bit of C83 and shoegaze, as well as the Smiths - it may be cliched, but they were damn good and what kind of 80s mixtape would be complete without them, eh? Enjoy.

Monday Mixtape #4

1. Young Marble Giants – Searching For Mr. Right
2. My Bloody Valentine – Drive It All Over Me
3. The Ruts – Staring At The Rude Boys
4. The Fall – Psykick Dance Hall
5. Talulah Gosh – Be Your Baby (Peel Session)
6. The Smiths – This Charming Man (Peel Session)
7. Buzzcocks – Ever Fallen In Love
8. The Jasmine Minks – Think
9. Elvis Costello – (I Don’t Want To Go To) Chelsea
10. UK Subs – Warhead
11. Sonic Youth – Pipeline/Kill Time
12. A.R. Kane – A Love From Outer Space
13. Delta 5 – Mind Your Own Business
14. XTC – Making Plans For Nigel
15. The Undertones – Teenage Kicks
16. The Clash – The Guns Of Brixton
17. Penetration – Don’t Dictate
18. Joy Division – A Means To An End
19. The Child Molesters – I’m Gonna Punch You In The Face
20. Essential Logic – Aerosol Burns

No comments: