theclickofalight@gmail.com

Sunday 13 December 2009

Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness (2008)

This evening I had it on excellent authority (yahoo news, where I get all of my current affairs information) that there would be one of the best meteor showers of the year happening right outside my house. A 'dramatic' meteor shower in fact. In the 15 minutes I stood outside for, in which time I have developed severe neck strain and frostbite on 12 of my 10 fingers, I saw, or think I saw, 3 shooting stars. Dramatic my ass crack. Fortunately I had this album and a bottle of Beck's to get me through that tough quarter of an hour.

I'm in a big shoegaze mood this December, and this could just be the pick of the contemporary bunch. Ambient, woozy, considered shoegaze. No massive speaker-exploding noises. If you felt so inclined, you could apply the term 'post-shoegaze' to them to be pretentious. Up to you.


Blizz

No comments: